2017 90th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays at Mike A. Myers StadiumApril 2, 2017
Greater than 7700 athletes competed in the 2017 Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays, presented by Spectrum, at Mike A. Myers Stadium. Some 40,000 fans saw 14 meeting records broken over the four-day event. Some of the record-breaking action included:
- Texas A&M’s Lindon Victor won the decathlon with score of 8,472 points, a stadium and collegiate record.
- Professional Jenn Suhr won the women’s pole vault and set a meet with a stadium record height of 4.73m (15-6.5).
- High school junior Armand Duplantis (Lafayette, La.) won the men’s elite pole vault and set a new world junior record by clearing a height of 5.90m (19-4.25).
- Two collegians broke the previous meet record in the women’s 100m hurdles. UTEP’s Tobi Amusan (12.72) edged out Longhorn Rushelle Burton (12.80) to take home the gold in the same heat.
- UTEP’s Michael Saruni set a new meet record in the men’s 800m invitational with a time of 1:45.82.
- NIKE’s Crishauna Williams set a new meet record in the women’s 800m invitational with a time of 2:02.25.
- Matthew O’Neal (unattached) set the meet record in the men’s triple jump;
- Gabriel Oladipo (Fort Bend Hightower) set the record in the boys’ discus;
- Falyn Reaugh of Dallas Highland Park tied the record in the girls high jump;
- Texas A&M’s sprint medley team of Diamond Spaulding, Jaevin Reed, Kadecia Baird and Jazmine Fray set a new Texas Relays record with a time of 3:42.10.